Figure out your next move.
Are you making time for the things that are the most important?
What about the values of your business?
When we aren’t living (or working) in alignment with our values we can feel disconnected, dissatisfied and left wondering why things aren’t going how we expected them to.
Values highlight what we stand for, guide our behaviour and our decisions. Unfortunately, most of us don’t know our values. We don’t stop to think about what’s important to us. You’ve probably learned most of your values from your parents, teachers, and society around you. But it can be helpful to decide what it is that means the most to you right now. What can you learn about what you want, what you are willing to give up, and what is non-negotiable in your life? ⠀⠀
We are midway through the year, and it’s an excellent time to have a think and take stock of what is really important to you. Only making a list of things to achieve in the coming weeks, month or the rest of the year is something many of us do but often don’t stop to think of the reasons why we want to make these changes and whether they are aligned with what is the most important to us.
Set your goals in alignment with your values and with a strong reason for why you want to achieve it, and you will find yourself far more motivated than just writing a checklist.
Grab a pen and some paper.
27 questions to help you figure out your next move.⠀
- Where do I like to spend the most time? Why?
- Where wouldn’t I like to spend any time? Why?
- I love to spend time with people who…
- What is the task or subject my friends and family always come to me for?
- What would I change about the world?
- At the end of my life, what would I most regret not having done?
- Over the last month, when have I felt the most motivated, inspired and had a tonne of focus? What was I doing? Who was I being?
- What brings me joy? List everything.
- What is a horrible experience I would like to protect others from?⠀
- What causes do I strongly believe in or connect with?
- What do I want to learn about? What perks up my curiosity?
- What are the biggest problems I have encountered in my life?
- How did I overcome them?
- What do I wish I had received help with when I was growing up?
- If my family and my loved ones, had all the time and money in the world, what would I do?
- Over the last week, what moments have given me feelings of love, satisfaction or purpose?
- What skills have I gained throughout my life that I now find effortless?
- What change would I like to see around me that I would be willing to work day and night for?
- What does legacy mean to me?
- What have I always been insecure about?
- What challenge would I love to overcome and then help others achieve the same
- What do I most regret not doing so far in my life?⠀
- What are the things I do or would like to do, that gives me a sense of being useful, helpful and will also satisfy my needs and desires?
- What aspects of my strengths and skills do I like the most?
- What are the achievements, compliments or awards I am proud of?
- What would I say my purpose in life was?
- If I had to get started with something that would push me towards my life purpose, what would it be?